Help hundreds of thousands of women as our Engineering Manager
Keleya is an international, app-based solution for young moms & moms-to-be. Our Apple-featured apps are unique of their kind. No other apps offer the combination of a personalized pregnancy calendar, health tracker, and the largest selection of workouts, recipes and verified expert knowledge for pregnant women and young mothers. Since our founding in summer 2017, we have been working with passion, agility and team spirit helping over 400,000 women.
At keleya, we want to provide expectant and young mothers with the support and resources they need to have a healthy and happy pregnancy. Our purpose is to help mothers have the best possible experience during this special time in their lives.
Do you want to be part of the keleya family to scale our platform across the world? We look forward to receiving your application on LinkedIn or via email@example.com.
Your responsibilities at keleya
In this role, you will:
- Drive keleya’s engineering vision and strategy
- Have an end-to-end responsibility for our technology platform
- Work closely with our CPO to lead our team of ambitious engineers while remaining hands-on to deliver high-quality, innovative solutions with a simple design to our customers
- Develop and execute product roadmaps, manage backlogs and prioritize features together with the product team
- Ensure the security and reliability of our systems
- Deliver complex infrastructure projects
- Scale the engineering team and help to secure top engineering talent
- Treat problems as challenges not as dead ends
What you need to succeed
- Knowledge of server-side scripting technologies (Node.JS, NestJS) on an advanced level
- Strong knowledge of mobile development using state of the art technologies
(flutter, react-native, Swift, Kotlin)
- Test-driven mindset (TDD, BDD are your best friends)
- 8+ years of hands-on experience with engineering & architecture (Azure/AWS and/or dedicated infrastructure) ideally delivering end-to-end solutions
- 6+ years experience with RDB’s (PostgreSQL preferable)
- 4+ years of experience delivering mobile applications from IDE up to app store ecosystems
- 4+ years experience with delivering applications (preferably with a Node.JS based family of technologies)
- 2+ years experience of people management (at least 3 people) - a track record of mentorship
- Production experience with integration of 3rd party APIs to product (no SDK is not what we are searching for)
- Maintain a strong documentation culture of architecture, applications and workflows
- Passion for building products that our users will love to use
- Flexible structures and flat hierarchies
- Sustainable, successfully growing startup
- Lively, friendly and international working atmosphere
- Urban Sports Club subscription or vouchers for your grocery shopping
- Option to work remote or at our office in the center of Berlin-Mitte
- Employee trainings such as coachings, Yoga classes, team events
More about keleya
At keleya we work in a self–organized environment, where we are building up a set structure within the team, whilst every person has the power to make meaningful decisions within their domain. We drive change and learning and always aim to get better at what we do. We care about our distinctive company culture, about your personal development, direct communication and to support each other where we can. We love entrepreneurial thinking and people who believe that strong teams are built on appreciation, positivity, goal orientation, and transparency.
How to get started
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in the engineering team at keleya, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications. We are happy to talk!